The term SEO has really earned a bad wrap in the BUSINESS WORLD. Especially for small to medium-sized businesses that have been BURNED by black-hat SEO techniques and empty promises. There are a lot of agencies and freelancers that will promise 1st position keywords within the first few months!
Let me tell you. That’s 👏 ALL 👏 A 👏 SHAM 👏
The bodaciously beautiful world of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) isn’t necessarily an ever-changing concoction of new methodologies to somehow trick search engines, it’s actually really quite simple. It all begins with authenticity, consistency, and wisdom.
What Is Local SEO?
Local SEO is a strategy that targets customers for a specific area (city or region). The strategy focuses on how to improve visibility through search results such as Google Maps and the Google Map Pack (located above the list of website search results).
It takes your website and business listings, with the help of an agency like uFlourish Local (shameless plug) we create a simple, yet brilliant keyword and content strategy to get you in front of your audience by answering questions and queries that are frequently asked that will lead to customer acquisition.
Local SEO may involve:
- Content Strategies such as blogs and location pages on your website
- Citation Campaigns that allow your business information to be listed with NAP consistency over dozens, if not hundreds of relevant business directories
- Google Business Profile Optimization to protect your reputation and keep your business listing active and relevant for customers
- Website Optimization to make sure your website is indexable by search engines, structured optimally, and marked appropriately for the services and products you provide
- Local Search Ads, which is a Google Maps-integrated ad that can help feature your business above the organic results when people search for your service or product
Why Should I Implement Local SEO?
According to a survey conducted by BrightLocal, 99% of consumers have used the internet to find information about a local business in the last year. Not only that, but 81% of consumers now turn to Google to analyze and choose what local businesses they want to work with or visit.
So the question becomes, why WOULDN’T you want to implement Local SEO for your business? And guess what… it’s never too late or too early to start!
By establishing a foundation of Local SEO for your business you will be able to attain:
- Targeted website traffic thanks to optimizing your website and business listings for local search
- More store or office visits thanks to Google Maps and driving directions
- More calls and messages from customers thanks to Google Business Profile and website traffic from organic search results
- Better online visibility overall because of how easy it will be for customers to discover you thanks to the optimization
- More sales and trust thanks to the opportunity for reviews on your Google Business Profile
Get Your FREE Local Search Audit Today
Regardless of whether or not you have been trickling in some ‘Local SEO techniques’ here and there in your spare time, or if you’ve never understood it to begin with, feel free to reach check out my free Local Search Audit for a comprehensive analysis of your local search performance.
This audit will provide you with information on:
- Links & Website Authority
- On-Site SEO
- Keyword Rank Tracker
- Social Channels
- Local Listings & Reviews
- Google Business Profile Audit